Need help with local history or genealogy research? Ask a librarian!
Our local history collection is on the second floor of the library. Fragile and one-of-a-kind items are kept in our secure, climate-controlled archive and can be viewed by appointment.
- American Ancestors - New England Historic Genealogical Society online records
- Ancestry.com - Premium collection of worldwide genealogy records
- Books, resources, and article clippings relevant to Natick history and genealogy
- Directories of local businesses
- Historical Boston Globe - Articles from 1872 - 1927
- Maps and atlases
- Natick High School Sassamon Yearbooks
- Natick Veterans Oral History DVD Collection (on first floor)
- Town documents such as vital records, annual reports, resident lists, school information, committee reports, and business filings
Access these local history and genealogy resources anywhere with your Natick library card!
- America's Obituaries & Death Notices - Obituaries and death records from newspapers and the Social Security Death Index
- HeritageQuest - Census data and documents for genealogy research
- Massachusetts History Online - Magazine and newspaper articles about Massachusetts history
Recommended Free eBooks and Records
The following historical works about Natick and Massachusetts are freely available online:
- Epitaphs From Graveyards in Wellesley (Formerly West Needham), North Natick and Saint Mary's Churchyard in Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts - By George Kuhn Clarke, 1900
- The Genealogical History of Dover, Massachusetts - By Frank Smith, 1854
- A Genealogical Register of the Inhabitants and History of the Towns of Sherborn and Holliston - By Abner Morse, 1856
- Historic Natick Photograph Slide Show - Natick photographs from the 1800s and early 1900s.
- History of Framingham, Massachusetts - By J.H. Temple, 1887
- A History of Natick, Volume 1 - By Oliver Bacon, 1856
- A History of Natick, Volume 2 - By Oliver Bacon, 1856
- History of the Town of Natick, Mass - By William Biglow, 1830
- Natick Dictionary - By James Hammond Trumbull, 1903
- National Archives Military Records
- Nonantum and Natick - By Sarah S. Jacobs, 1853
- The Pioneers of Massachusetts - By Charles Henry Pope, 1900
- Addresses Delivered at the Semi-Centennial Celebration of the Dedication of the First Unitarian Church - By J.P Sheafe & Horatio Alger, 1879